Thursday, October 16, 2008

Never Give Up!! Never Surrender!!!

That quote from Galaxy Quest has never meant so much as it did tonight. With the Red Sox down 7 runs with only 9 outs left in their season they come all the way back and win the 9th inning thanks to an error and clutch hitting by J.D. Drew.

I am the first to admit that I was among those that was giving up. I watched the rest of the game out of respect for the gritty Rays team and started writing a blog entry giving props to Tampa.


But after '04 and '07 I should have known better. Still, it's a long way to go.

They have to go back to Tampa.
They have to bring out Josh Beckett who, despite his denials, is way less than healthy.
They have to listen to 10,000 cowbells.

But I will not give up.


I will remember that Curt was less than healthy in Game 6 of '04.
I will remember that Lester is waiting for Game 7.
And I will remember what Kevin Millar said before the first elimination game in '04:

Don't Let us Win.

No comments: